How to Create The Best Phone Pranks
Phone pranks have always been a popular choice when it comes to winding someone up. Be it your friend, a colleague, or even your boss.
Here at PrankCalls4u, we know what goes into making a good phone prank, and how you too can come up with the best phone pranks.
First of all, choose your target well – don’t choose people who will just hang up – that’s just frustrating for everyone involved. Choose someone you know will answer, and play along. Ideally choose someone slightly naive who will get suckered into the prank good and proper!
So here are the steps involved in making great phone pranks:
- Step 1 is finding someone who is receptive – someone who is going to give you a great reaction, to make the phone prank even better. Do please bear is mind that you shouldn’t prank anybody you feel doesn’t have a good sense of humour, or are easily offended or vulnerable.
- Step 2: Once you have chosen a suitable person to prank, then plan your windup carefully. Choose a theme you think is relevant for the person you are pranking, and then begin to brainstorm ideas. Think of how you will open the conversation, how you want it to progress, what “character and role” you will undertake, and also try to visualise the responses you may get, so that you are not caught off guard.
- Step 3: Unleash the prank: be confident, consistent and believable with your delivery of the prank. Laughing, being out of control or panicking makes for a failed phone prank, so be aware that the more you keep it together, no matter how much you may want to crack up laughing, will make the end result much better.
- Step 4: Have a direction or idea of how you want the prank to turn out. Without this, your prank will probably be a waste of time. It’s the difference between an average prank and a great, rememberable prank. Knowing what you want the outcome to be is vital to achieving a good phone prank.
- Step 5: Listen in whilst you lead them into the butt of your joke. Whether your laughs come from their realisation that they have been pranked but had no clue up until that point, or you surprise them with something totally unexpected, is up to you. Whatever reaction you are looking for, it’s good to build up the suspense for as long as possible without messing up the prank.
Remember: the goal doesn’t have to be outrageous. Often the best pranks are the simplest ones, and that allow you to engage with the Prankee long enough to make the prank a success.
The best pranks end where both the Pranker and the Pranked laugh and joke after the prank has been revealed. So being creative and playful, without being disrespectful in any way, will often create lasting memories – “Remember when you got me with that crazy prank?”
Now it’s up to you to get creative. Pranking can be a lot of fun, but make sure the end goal is mutual entertainment and you are sure to share laughter all round.
If you still stuck for ideas or just want to play a great prank on someone now, then visit our prank calls page.