7 Steps To Making A Prank Call
Making a prank call can be a great way of having fun, getting revenge or playing a joke on an office colleague.
No matter your reason for wanting to make a prank call; they can be both hilarious and highly enjoyable. But, if you don’t know how to do it right, you stand the chance of having the whole thing blowing up in your face. What starts out to be fun might end up leaving a sour taste.
So, before you pick up the phone to haunt people with your pranks, make sure you thoroughly read this how to guide to learn the sure-fire ways of making the best prank calls, and getting away with them.
1. Count the costs: Before learning how to make a prank call, ensure you consider the consequences and fully appreciate what you are getting yourself into. Know all the potential dangers and see if it’s worth it in the first place. For example, aside the fact that some actions might get your phone privileges removed, most people will not take these types of calls well. They might become upset and therefore your relationship with them may be damaged. Once you can safely satisfy the demands of this stage, then you can proceed further. Pranking people with a sense of humour is the best way to go, as they’ll appreciate the windup more. Or of course, you may want to choose to wind someone up that is easily fooled or gets frustrated quickly.
2. Make a list of your targets: Do you want to prank your friend’s sister, ex-boyfriend or even your science teacher? The list could grow big and exciting. However, for the most effective results, narrow the list down to some specific targets and draw out pranks that will suit each individual on the list (see this list of ready made prank calls for ideas). Think of the best way possible to annoy each person on your list.
3. Write a script: To ensure maximum results and avoid freaking out in the middle of the prank and not knowing what to say, write out an outline of what you are going to say, and also plan some responses to what your victim may come back with. Stick to the scripts and don’t get carried away. But, most importantly, when things get real funny and highly electrical, stifle your laugh and don’t giggle!
4. Hide your number!: You can make use of a calling card or even calling features like 141 (in the UK) to hide your number. Now, this is not just a precaution against being found out by your victim, but, you need to know that phone records and logs can be researched in major telephone harassment cases by their telephone company, but again, the pranks should be light-hearted and well-humoured anyway! Don’t call to harass, call to make a fool out of something that the both of you can have a laugh about later!
5. Disguise your voice: You can use a funny voice or even a foreign accent to make your voice indistinguishable by a familiar victim. And if you are not good at mimicking voices, then you can use a voice changer that will scramble your voice and make it sound however you like.
6. Get your friends to help: There is strength in numbers and when you have a number of people carrying out the prank on the same individual it makes it all more fun, and importantly though, it protects everyone from being detected all at the same time.
7. Have an escape route: In case somebody other than your victim picks up the phone, make sure you instantly say that you dialed the wrong the number and drop the phone. Resist the urge to still carry out the prank anyway, and back out before you say anything rude that you might hate yourself for later.
The success of every prank call hinges on the plan, timing and execution. To ensure you make funny prank calls that are also tasteful and don’t annoy anyone too much, follow the tips above and enjoy yourself!
Let us know how you get on – leave us a comment!